Feeling like you need to spice up your small business social media marketing? Look no further. Here are 5 quick ways to get the fire burning again (and have more fun)!
1. Create a Snapchat filter
This is a great idea for an event or special day in your business. This is especially fun if you have millennials or a lot of hip employees that use Snapchat. Be sure to let your attendees know that it's there and encourage them to use it! For easy instructions on how to create a geofenced on-demand Snapchat filter, click here. To design your filter on Canva for free, click here. Here's what's even better...they are only $5 for about 20,000 square feet of space!
2. Use Facebook Dynamic Product Ads.
If you sell products online and have an e-commerce store like Shopify, you need to check this out! After your Facebook pixel is installed on your website, you can set up a campaign that will feed a retargeting ad to those that have viewed or added items to your cart, but not purchased them. It is under Conversion/Product Catalog Sales in Business Manager. I found there is a minimum of $45 to run this type of campaign. To see if this is right for your business, click here.
3. Target your audience on LinkedIn.
If you haven't noticed, your newsfeed on LinkedIn is getting a bit crowded. So, deliver your message to exactly the right people by using the targeting button when you post. You can choose All Followers, or Targeted Audience. You can then drill down to a variety of different settings. Be careful your audience isn't too small. And, everything will still be posted to your company page's newsfeed regardless if it went to All Followers or just your Targeted Audience.
4. Create a Cover Page on Squarespace
Squarespace has a great alternative to a full blown website while giving you flexibility and a fantastic brand presence - it's called a 'Cover Page'.
Cover pages are ideal for:
- Announcing a book or product release
- Advertising an event and collecting RSVPs
- Collecting email addresses
- Sharing a video
- Displaying a resumé
- Displaying a slideshow
- Showing a “Coming Soon” or “Under Construction” page while a larger site is in progress
5. Check out Instagram if you're not there already
If you're not already using Instagram for your business, you may want to wander on over to the place where your teenagers are when they are not on Snapchat. Because they will not be on Facebook.
"Boasting over 300 million daily active users, Instagram has huge potential for marketers. But the potential in Instagram lies more in the user behavior than the numbers. Research shows that brands enjoy a number of distinct benefits and advantages on the network:
- Instagram, brands enjoy regular engagement with 4 percent of their total followers. On networks like Facebook and Twitter, engagement is less than 0.1 percent. (source: Forrester)
- 70% of Instagram users report having looked up a brand on the platform (source: Iconosquare)
- 62% of users follow a brand on Instagram (source: Iconosquare)
- Only 36 percent of marketers use Instagram, compared to 93% of marketers who use Facebook (source: Selfstartr)
Social media has been proven to influence purchase decisions. And if you can find the right mix of content, your audience will soak it up – and even buy from you – without the need for a hard push or sales pitch. It’s the marketers dream."
There you go! Try 1 or 2 out in 2nd quarter and see which one works the best for your small business.
P.S. Check out more tips on my blog at: https://mintmarketingsolutions.com/mint